DIY Easy Iced Coffee at Home
Published: May 20, 2020
So your daily routine has been messed up by this whole global pandemic thing. You might be working from home and it’s both blissful and awful. The worst part? Your daily coffee run has been hijacked from you by a virus. Damn you, pandemic!
Or maybe you’ve always worked from home but the lines are too long now (why are the Starbucks lines so long?) and you’ve got to get back to work. Perhaps you want to save a bit of money (and plastic) by making your own at home. Either way, I’ve got your caffeinated back.
Let’s get to brewing! Here’s what you’ll need.
- Heat water via microwave, coffee maker, or Keurig. I “shoot a blank,” as my aunt puts it, through my Keurig.
- Combine instant coffee and water. This is where you’ll want to add sugar, cinnamon, or caramel so that everything melts together.
- Shake or stir to combine. If you used an old jar put its lid back on and give that baby a shake!
- Add your ice. Use a dry measuring cup to scoop out three cups of ice or fill your 16 oz jar about three-quarters of the way full. If the majority of your ice melts or you have sad ice, add more! Just leave room for creamer.
- Top with your favorite creamer, which was about two-thirds of a cup for me. Adjust this if you need to! I like my iced coffee extra creamy.
- Top that lid right back on and shake! Give it a good one ,too; it creates froth and ensures that everything in the jar is combined evenly. Alternatively, stir with your straw or spoon.
- Sip, sip, caffeinate.
Now you have all the tools necessary to make your own iced coffee at home. Saving you money, time, and the earth some plastic. Super win, there. This one is NOT low in caffeine so be warned, it hits!
Tag me on IG if you try this easy, delicious recipe.
Comment below with any other suggestions or if you have any questions!